A STARTER BOOSTER TO BOOST YOUR CAR BATTERY
A booster is used to restore power to a completely discharged battery within a vehicle. At Würth, we have created our own range of starter boosters for professionals. Our models are distinguished by their performance, their quality components and their ease of use.
WÜRTH OFFERS YOU A RANGE OF BATTERY BOOSTER FOR 12V AND 24V VEHICLES.
Würth battery booster packs are designed to provide a long service life and safe operation. These devices feature protective measures against voltage peaks during connection and disconnection, protection against short-circuits and overloads or in some cases a resistant polypropylene case.
Each of our battery boosters are available in several versions depending on the operating voltage (12V or 24V DC), the starting current (700 to 1400 A) or the type of battery (Genesis 1 or 2, 16 or 32 Ah).
THE NECESSARY BOOST TO RESTORE YOUR JUICE
Unlike a battery charger (which is connected to an electrical outlet to recharge a low or weak battery, but is ineffective in a breakdown), the booster provides an electrical pulse strong enough to restart or “jump” a completely dead battery. If it is still in good condition, the vehicle battery will recharge itself while driving. The Würth booster offers outstanding performance in:
• its ability to give a “boost” to a fully discharged battery
• portability, thanks to its compact, easily transportable case
• its autonomy, as its internal battery can be recharged from the mains (via a charger or a USB port) or from a vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket.
HOW TO USE OUR STARTER BOOSTERS
Starter boosters designed by Würth generally allow motor vehicles with a 12/24 V electrical system to be restarted. While models may differ in certain characteristics (battery capacity, ventilation system, etc.), usage instructions remain approximately the same:
• adjust the booster so as to emit a voltage corresponding to the vehicle
• cut ignition of the vehicle and remove the key
• connect the deactivated booster. First connect the red clamp to the battery (+), then connect the black clamp to a grounded location of the vehicle
• switch on the booster and restart the vehicle
• switch off the booster and remove it, starting with the negative terminal (-), then the positive terminal (+)
• recharge the device when possible.
POWERFUL, RELIABLE AND EASY-TO-USE “ASSISTED START UNITS”
Compliant with all applicable standards, our start boosters are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding automotive professionals. In general, our battery boosters, or “assisted starting units”, are:
• particularly efficient, thanks to an internal AGM or Li-ion high quality battery
• reliable and durable, being made with materials of choice
• secure, able to prevent all polarity reversals, sparks, overloads and other voltage issues
• compact, practical and provided with a user-friendly interface, which makes them very easy to use (only qualified personnel should handle the device).