THE HEX NUT: THE MOST FREQUENTLY USED COMPONENT FOR FIXING SCREWS
The hex nut, or six-sided nut, is a classic of fasteners. At Würth, we have developed our own range of hex nuts for professionals: discover without further delay our H, HH, cap nuts, brakes and all other models.
HEX NUTS (OR 6-SIDED NUT) OF THICKNESS HM, H, HH AND HSL
Recall that a nut is a threaded metal piece, intended to receive the threaded rod of a screw to form a bolt. The hexagon nut is characterized by its periphery in the shape of a regular hexagon (it therefore has 6 faces, also called the 6 "sides"). Classic hex nuts are classified according to their height:
• HM nuts are the thinnest
• H nuts, standard size, are the most commonly used
• HH nuts are thicker than H
• the HSL nuts are even thicker than the HH.
SOME SPECIFIC HEXAGONAL NUTS: CAP NUTS, BRAKES OR FLANGE NUTS
In addition to the simple nuts that we have just mentioned, our online store lists more specific hexagonal nuts, which each have their particular advantages. You will find there:
• cap nuts, one side of which has a domed head responsible for concealing the end of the screw, for safety and aesthetic reasons
• lock nuts (also called "self-locking") fitted with a plastic insert which will "lock the nut" to strengthen the assembly
• flanged nuts, with a flared shape to reduce pressure from tightening without adding a washer
• castle nuts featuring a pin which surrounds the screw and thus avoids loosening the fixing, etc.
TYPES OF PITCH AND THREAD, KEY OPENINGS AND MATERIALS (STAINLESS STEEL, GALVANIZED STEEL ...)
All our models are also available in several sizes and materials, to best meet the needs encountered by professionals who regularly carry out screwing work. Do you have to choose the nuts to use on your next project? Take these different parameters into account to make sure you find what you're looking for:
• the type of step (not American, not large, not fine, etc.)
• the type of thread (M2.5, M3, M6, M8, M14…)
• key opening (SW5, SW7, SW13, SW17 ...)
• the composition (stainless steel, galvanized steel, etc.)