ABRASIVE SANDING BELTS FOR STRIPPING PARQUET, PLANKS AND PARTITIONS
Do you have a surface to be sanded or stripped, and you want to use a belt sander? Find the right abrasive belt for your projects, by choosing from the many models of sanding belts for professionals imagined by Würth!
STRIPS DESIGNED TO SAND WOOD AND METAL
A belt sander consists of a motor, a belt stretched between two rollers and a residue suction device. These sanding belts, similar to sandpaper, generally allow sanding and grinding:
• parquet floors and planks
• wooden partitions, cabinet panels and closet frames in solid wood or wood-based materials
• or metal plates (steel, cast iron, etc.)
DIMENSIONS, GRAIN, TYPE OF ABRASIVE: HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SANDING TAPE
A sanding band must be selected according to its dimensions, its grain and its type of abrasive:
• the length of the strip must be neither too short, in which case you cannot mount it on the sander, nor too long, in which case the strip will not be sufficiently tightened. The width should also match your sander
• the grain is represented by a number (P40 for a coarse grain, P100 for a medium grain, P240 for a very fine grain, etc.). Sanding metal or roughing requires a coarser grain than sanding wood or making small finishes
• the different types of abrasives available are: aluminium oxide and corundum, ideal for sanding wood and metal; silicon carbide, ideal for sanding glass and stone; zirconium and ceramic, ideal for sanding stainless steel and hard metals.
DISCOVER OUR ABRASIVE CLOTHS, BELTS, SLEEVES AND OTHER SANDING BANDS
Our different sanding belts for professionals are reputed to be efficient and extremely resistant. Take into account the different parameters that we have listed while visiting our online store, and choose from our:
• abrasive cloths
• linen bands
• wide bands
• long strips, etc.